TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: While I agree with you in theory, and am not looking
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: While I agree with you in theory, and am not looking

Posted by Bad Fish on July 07, 2014 at 5:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 195 times.

In Reply To While I agree with you in theory, and am not looking posted by Jayru on July 07, 2014 at 03:33 PM

Message I agree... on some points. Yes, the stiffer springs resist roll and will likely improve overall grip on smooth surfaces. I also agree that a lowered car with proper suspension work will handle better. In reality this includes fixing the roll center and instant centers that are negatively impacted from lowering. In fact, the angle of the control arms is what does change the roll center, as well as adding other issues such as increased bump steer. With the same spring rates though, a lowered car will roll MORE when lowered. I guess that in the end, what I am trying to point out is that lowering a car in itself will not improve handling. Outside of aero reasons (keeping air out from underneath the car) there is very little to be gained by lowering the Z. Roll center is going to affect the handling in a negative manner more than the lower center of gravity is going to help it. My opinion for the OP is that I would only lower the car as much as you can while keeping close to stock suspension geometry. Whether that be by not lowering much or through the use of adjustable lower control arms or longer than stock ball joints.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.