TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Depends on how much work you put into the doors
People Seeking Info

Subject Depends on how much work you put into the doors

Posted by black300zx on July 07, 2014 at 11:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 518 times.

In Reply To Better acoustics with our without the OEM boxes? posted by ZXoltan on July 07, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Message You'll never turn the doors into a proper sealed enclosure, but with a lot of sound deadening and work you can make them work well for normal 6.5" speakers.

Do NOT try to hack up the bose enclosures to fit 5.25 or 6.5" speakers. If you insist on larger speakers, ebay adaptor plates are a better choice.

One perk of keeping the Bose enclosures and using compatible 3.5" speakers is that you won't have to deal with door rattles. The smaller speakers don't generate enough bass to rattle much, and the enclosure do a pretty good job of isolating the vibrations they do create.

I fabbed some spacer rings and installed DLS R4 components into my Bose enclosures. The ported enclosures help extend their low range, and I'd say they play pretty solidly down to 80-100hz. I was pretty surprised. I'll post some pics tonight when I get home.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.