TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Another tire post...
People Seeking Info

Subject Another tire post...

Posted by CameronSF on July 07, 2014 at 11:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 299 times.

Message I've searched around the forum and come up with some limited info so thought I would pose the question again. I'm in the market for tires again...I have 18" SSR GT3 all the way around...275/35R18 rear and 245/40R18 front. Last set I had was the Toyo Proxe T1R...they were decent tires but really got louder as they wore down. After a recent discussion I was looking at the Bridgestone Potenza S04's and Tirerack.com has them or $190 a piece which I think is pretty reasonable. Any thoughts on wear and especially noise? I must be getting older or spoiled by the Infiniti Q50S I had as a loaner car and am preferring a quieter ride these days. I do notice most of the action is coming from the hatch...might be time for some dynamat back there.

Also - the fronts tend to rub a bit under hard cornering or bumps and I am considering going to a 245/35R18 up front...any feedback from anyone in general? I'm guessing a change in 5% on the aspect ratio will be negligible.

It would be nice if we had a sticky section or something with everyone's general feedback/preferences for tires/oil/turbos/etc where members could get a general census of the public opinion on this stuff. I don't think the polls section is really the best format for that. I know - more work for a free forum but just a thought.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.