TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Couple pics I took at NF2014, etc
People Seeking Info

Subject Couple pics I took at NF2014, etc

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on April 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 325 times.

In Reply To NISMO Fiesta 2014 post posted by Dallas DamonZ on April 24, 2014 at 05:13 PM

Message Funny how now that you have a relatively high quality camera with you at all times, you take less photos. I took like 3 at the track and a handful at the car show.

Track day

My son in a Lotus shell at Harris Hill's clubhouse

My dad came out to drive his LS1 powered 928 (R230 diff). First time we've been to the track together. TWS is next on the list of places local to drive together. Yes, it rides high, that's the 928 way... and his fender wells are radiused for larger wheels and tires, and for fender flares he's 1/2 way through completing. Fun car to drive though. Sean Farrah is in the passenger seat.

Z-Lab chewed it up and spit it out all day. Took out Ken, Turk and Dennis during the sessions. Running on wastegates only I cut a 1:30 lap. If I plugged in the AVCR I could easily cut out some bogging coming out of corners and gotten much faster. The track is so short and bouncy I was probably better served going low anyway.

The only thing to crowd my rear view was Warren in his GTR. I've got some GOPRO video to cut and post some time in the future. I really need a 2nd camera. I moved my HD from the front to the rear to watch Warren attack my bumper in the 3rd session. (Un)fortunately this would have been the most fun looking session on camera as I let a GT3 go around me because he walked up, but once he got in front I parked on his bumper and stayed there the rest of the session. Turk was with me and got some cellphone video of the chase.

Curious to note when looking at my Traqmate data logs of the Accusump that it did actually click on at sub 35psi pressures a couple times only when turning right at 1+G (the kickout is on the LH side on the pan). Glad I had that working for me! I had the head pumps on all the time.

My son with Z-Lab. If you ask what happened to his foot, he'll tell you it was a shark attack...

Car show

Z-Lab at the front of the Z32 row in the 300 Degree sponsor area

Sean's SPL Parts beast

I'm not sure who's car this is, but it was clean.

Thanks to Milo and crew for putting on a nice weekend. Different vibe than the ZCON since it's all Nissan performance. We'll be back for more fun.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.