TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks for the input :)
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks for the input :)

Posted by Zvil (FL) on April 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 203 times.

In Reply To 20psi is too high.... posted by BOOZTD 3 on April 24, 2014 at 06:49 PM

Message I don't think there's much else I could do besides launching at a higher rpm, I did get wheelhop when I ran at 25psi before so I lowered it to 20.... from my understanding low tire pressure makes more rolling resistance and to be honest, I didn't feel any wheelspin whatsoever, so I rather help my mph vs my wheelspin in fact the tires were gripping so good that I had to slip the clutch to keep the engine from bogging down..... I'm not sure if I launch at a higher rpm whether or not I'll get wheel hop but it seems like the more power I can store in the flywheel on the start the faster my 60' got, I started at 3500 last night and ran 6 times, with each launch at a higher rpm my 60' was getting better each run (after the first 2)....... the highest launch and best 60' was 6000rpm and it was also my last because I needed to go to work in the morning otherwise I would've went for 7k, like I said I'm only guessing it will wheel hop in which case I would then lower the tire pressure. The way it was gripping I don't think it was going to spin with a 7k launch, those guys at OSW really know how to prep the track :) ..... I will try lowering the pressure next time to 15 but I don't think I can even break it loose at 20psi, my light weight flywheel may play a part in that but that will be staying on my Z regardless, if I was really trying to make a drag Z I would've gone 4 link solid axle with a spool, bigs and littles, automatic, and a BIG single turbo but I enjoy turning too much LOL

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.