TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes sir I remember like it was yesterday
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes sir I remember like it was yesterday

Posted by Zvil (FL) on April 24, 2014 at 7:00 AM
  This message has been viewed 194 times.

In Reply To If you recall we started seeing knock at higher boost posted by ztunerz on April 23, 2014 at 11:31 PM

Message I set the boost controller with a warning limit of 1.3 bar and the car started bouncing off the limiter from 1.32 down to 1.24 causing a wavy dyno run with a peak of 507 whp, you said you started to hear tiny bits of pinging my guess is it was everytime it went high and bounced off the limiter, we set it back down to about 1.26 bar which is roughly 18.25 and since there was very little gain (only 3 LOL) or boost by rpm (since we didn't have time to set that up) it was really only a 18.25 psi spike and it settled back down to about 1.2bar, I have since messed with the boost controller, now I have it set to 20 gain and it's spiking 1.25 and settling back down to 1.22 steady to redline, then at redline it's going back up to 1.25.

(discussion on ptu relocation)
"No good reason to put it there anyway. -Bernie (NoVA)
False -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
You're correct, there are 3 good reasons -vorpalZ
False. -Bernie (NoVA)
Wow, right again, just remembered another, make that 4 -vorpalZ"
XD

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.