TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I think it's the drying portion that really adds the swirls
People Seeking Info

Subject I think it's the drying portion that really adds the swirls

Posted by fuzzymonkey on April 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  This message has been viewed 170 times.

In Reply To Once the car is detailed, what do you use to wash the car? posted by Jayru on April 22, 2014 at 08:16 PM

Message however use of the proper mitt to wash is huge as well. I have a wool one that I use (it's disco'd, no more link?) which I really like as any debris it picks up goes deep in the mitt and doesn't slide on the top of it. I also have a foam gun that I consistently use during the whole washing phase. Most people put the soap on their car and scrub away but I like to spray the foam cannon under the mitt as I'm moving it/washing (lift the front end up with your thumb and spray underneath the whole time).

Dry using a quick detailer and a microfibre towel. If you ever notice the towel catches debris or changes a bit of colour, flip it over or grab another one.

Can't say i'm 100% swirl free, but my car paint is in great condition, and I don't see a problem with spending 3-4 hours, once a year in spring, to do a quick clay, polish, and hand wax to remove any of the tiny swirls we made.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.