TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I guess its not a good idea to turn a motor over with
People Seeking Info

Subject I guess its not a good idea to turn a motor over with

Posted by The Devils Z on April 20, 2014 at 6:34 PM
  This message has been viewed 505 times.

Message a ton of fuel resting on top of the piston (smacks head).

Any vendors have the lower injector o-ring for the sard 850 cc injector ?

When I prime the pump I can see gas pouring into the cylinder on a few cylinders. Gas -like water- if not ignited will not compress on turn over. I hope my bearings are ok but I heard this ungodly (either motor or starter) sound when I tried to crank it :( Good thing the battery was 1/2 dead and wouldn't turn over on follow up cranks.

in case any one searches (in the future) injector install / fuel injector fuel rail/ fuel injector o-ring / hydro lock. Probably a good idea to pull the crank angle harness + all spark plugs and turn the motor over to see if gas floods any cylinders post injector replacement / install. You will need a pen light.

Pretty disappointed in myself, have to pull everything apart , get new nissan plenum gaskets / get new injector o-rings / get all fuel out of cylinders / oil change / put back together and fire it all back up .. and hope oil pressure is solid and motor doesn't knock and revs.

=============Sig begins here================

The Devils Z.com

800 rwhp dyno

View Me! Disclaimer : Not Safe For Work !

Kid :" Those old guys drive that way ?"

Witness : "Yeah, I rode behind them at ZNationals 2010 on these back roads leaving the track day and they were foot in. They ran into the curves w/no brakes and didn't lift!"

- Hampton Inn parking lot at ZNationals 2011 -

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.