TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ahmed, I remember your old screen name
People Seeking Info

Subject Ahmed, I remember your old screen name

Posted by ZXRider on April 13, 2014 at 10:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 155 times.

In Reply To yes posted by Ahmed (NoVA) on April 13, 2014 at 09:46 PM

Message and your sapphire blue 2+2 with the ADR cypher wheels on it :)

I did what you described when the engine was still hot. The fan barely moved. There was a lot of resistance on it. Per the descriptions I have found on TT.net it appears that the fan clutch is seized, however, most people with a seized fan actually had issues with their Z getting to operating temperatures. Unless my fan clutch failure is a rare coincidence where it appears to be seized but after reaching correct temps it actually releases instead of grabbing (I highly doubt that).

Nonetheless, thank you for your input and your advice. I will be changing the fan clutch since it appears to be shot, but I have a feeling that it isn't the issue with my Z's water temperature raising at idle.

I have nightmares about that happening...I'd be the poor bastard you'd hear about on the news that gets killed by a softball-size chunk while spreading out my body over the hood and screaming "Nooo!" (Having a conversation about hail damage) - BradZ (FL) on March 25, 2005 at 9:56 PM

Tell your friend that you could take a dump, light it on fire and that would be hotter shit than his car. Probes suck, that's just all there is to it. - 300ZXpert (someday) on April 04, 2005 at 11:35 PM

P.S. You REALLY are on here at ALL hours! And I thought I was bad! :) - zmenon on August 16, 2005 at 3:06 AM

LOL...2+2 drivers should grow mullets..."Business in the front...party in the back" ;) - BradZ (FL) on November 29, 2005 at 4:45 PM

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.