TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - WHEEL HOP IS GONE! KW coilovers are awesome...
People Seeking Info

Subject WHEEL HOP IS GONE! KW coilovers are awesome...

Posted by puchy on March 08, 2014 at 7:22 PM
  This message has been viewed 1032 times.

Message Whenever I can post pictures I will, hopefully after SZ tunes my car. For those of you that have the same questions I had before settling on the KWs here are my impressions.
I did lower it to completely close the wheel gaps, 1/4 inch lower than what it came from manufacturing then soften the rebound 1 click on all 4 corners from their suggested setting.
Ride comfort- Feels like between the sport/cruise setting on the TT. Stiff without the bounciness, really smooth on the highway with high speed concrete separations. You do feel the coilovers on slow, bumpy, ditchy bad roads, not on your kidneys or back but like the car follows all road imperfections.
Aggressive driving- I haven't mess with the setups yet, but I can tell you the car feels very planted on the corners without leaning/rolling, easy to swing the tail and get it back in line (confidence inspiring). Steering very responsive so watch it at high speeds. Wheel hop is gone and for a moment I thought my clutch was slipping but the tire smoke told me otherwise.
Adjustments- Very easy, one click will make a difference on both settings. I didn't like the steering being so responsive at high speeds 75+mph (This is Texas, everything is a highway), so I soften the front bump setting one click and felt the difference immediately. On a very bumpy road near my house I thought it was too stiff, adjusted the rebound one click softer on all 4 corners and the bumpiness was gone.
All in all, money well spent, I don't regret spending extra compared to other ones. The car feels completely different compared to my old, tired and busted factory setup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.