TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Whiteline subframe bushing w92446 or w92447 poor fitment
People Seeking Info

Subject Whiteline subframe bushing w92446 or w92447 poor fitment

Posted by ConVerTT on November 28, 2013 at 6:42 PM
  This message has been viewed 1526 times.

Message Hey guys

So originally Whiteline listed their part number w92446 as the z32 fitment on their website. Currently they are listing the w92447 as the z32 fitment.

I have both - NEITHER one fits the z32 properly.

First the w92446:

Basically the w92446 is shorter than the OEM bushing such that the two side bushings will require a 10 mm spacer in order for the support bracket to hold the bushing in place.

Below is a pic of the w92446 with no spacer. Note the gap between the bushing and the underside of the vehicle:

Next is the w92446 with a 10mm allen key inserted between the bushing and the underside of the vehicle (I slid the Allen key in to measure the gap):

And finally, the following is the w92446 with a 10 mm spacer inserted between the support bracket and the bushing:

On a positive note, the following pic shows the w92446 with a SpecialtyZ subframe spacer in place illustrating that the w92446 with a 10 mm spacer will effectively locate the subframe in the same position as a stock subframe with SpecialtyZ subframe spacers installed:

Now for the w92447 (currently listed as the "correct" z32 fitment):

Well it is 10 mm longer than the w92446 as shown in this comparison shot:

HOWEVER, the extra 10mm is on top of the bushing. This has the effect of spacing the subframe further away from the body than the stock position as shown below:

The gap between the metal lip of the bushing and the underside of the vehicle is 25 mm (1 inch for my American friends). I am not a suspension expert by any means but that seems like a large gap (even relative to OEM without subframe spacers) and for no particular benefit. I guess you could realign your suspension to adjust for additional gap...

So my conclusion: Neither one of these bushings are a proper z32 fitment.

What am I going to use: Not sure. Previously my car had and OEM subframe with the SpecialtyZ subframe spacers so I am leaning towards actually using the w92446's with a 10 mm spacer since this will result in a similar subframe location as OEM with SpecialtyZ subframe spacers as shown above. (I am not going to reinstall the subframe spacers - they will contact the actual metal subframe as the body of the Whiteline bushing is also shorter that the OEM bushing by several millimeters).

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.