TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Custon Concept Motorsports (Soddy Daisy, TN) LONG!!
People Seeking Info

Subject Custon Concept Motorsports (Soddy Daisy, TN) LONG!!

Posted by SammybTT(TN) on August 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 2574 times.

Message I personally haven't heard of Custom Concept Motorsports until recently and that is a shame because they are basically an hour drive from my house. For those of you that are not aware Soddy Daisy is located about 10 miles NE of Chattanooga.

In the past I have had some technical exchange on this forum with George and have made a few phone calls. Since he was helpful in the past I decided to go visit his shop where I could meet him and let him check for a suspected boost leak.

My day started off as a date day with my wife; first go check out CCM's shop and get a boost leak confirmation check followed with a trip to down town Chattanooga for lunch, then return to the house via a scenic and spirited trip on back roads.

When I arrived at CCM I was greeted and the work requested was clarified and prices confirmed with George the owner. Next my car was pulled into George's extra clean shop for the start of the boost leak check. I was unaware the CCM also worked on other makes and models and honestly I was slightly concerned that they had the experience to work on the Z cars. This slight anxiety was relieved as soon as the hood was opened. George and his associate Steven dove right into the task. There was no questions as to what size socket to use, where the tools were at, who was doing what.....they were truly a team working in harmony.

Well after boost leak testing, spark plug and balance tube pulling, video inspection of the cylinders, spark plug reading, and other various pressure testing George confirmed that I had a blown head gasket. This was a major setback to my day date and weekend plans but its life. (I honestly think that George and Steven felt as bad as I did. To confirm their suspension they put my Z on the lift to drain the oil and visual inspect for water; at this time it was 100% confirmed head gasket failure.

Well I was now in a predicament because I drove my car to their shop with plans for date day. At the time the bad news had set in I was about to start figuring out how to get my Z home. Just as the thought process started George came to me and stated that his car trailer had been returned last night and that he could haul my car home for me. Man I was floored at this offer! I never expected that offer but it was great timing.

Not only did George and Steven get my car home safely we stopped and had lunch on the way (because date day was cancelled and everybody was hungry lol). When we arrived at my house George and Steven didn't just drop the car off and haul home they helped me get it push into my garage. What great guys they are!!

Going forward I have the engine torn down and hopefully taking it to a machine shop tomorrow.

Of course once I get her reassembled I will take her to CCM to let them double check everything while breaking the engine in.

If you are in driving range of CCM drop by and check them out. One of the main reasons I went to CCM was because I was invited to visit the shop by George and the previous help he had provided over the phone (time is money)

I have no hesitation giving them an A+++ rating. From my experience they have great knowledge of our cars as well as being performance gear heads. Take a moment and visit their website as it has a comprehensive outline of the services performed.

Cheers (and sorry so long),

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.