TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - OEM Nissan NAV install teaser...
People Seeking Info

Subject OEM Nissan NAV install teaser...

Posted by dan-o on July 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM
  This message has been viewed 988 times.

Message Working on the first phase of a NAV install into my Z tonight and thought some of you would enjoy this. Here's a crappy lighting teaser shot of it being test fit tonight:

Details:

I've been looking to modernize the radio in the Z for quite some time and wasn't happy with the way aftermarket head units look. I wanted something to look as if it came from the factory that way. This is an OEM Navigation unit out of a 2010-2011ish Nissan Sentra/Versa. The features on this are actually quite good: touchscreen, sd card based nav, cd player, usb aux input (mounted in center console storage compartment), 1/8" audio input (not mounted yet), xm radio, and so on.

I bought a couple radio harness pieces and made a nice plug and plug adapter harness between the factory Z connectors and the unit. I also purchased a new bezel thanks to ZThirtyTwo to accomodate the double din sizing. I needed to open the bay up slightly as they have it sized for aftermarket radios which are a bit smaller in the faceplate.

Phases:

1) Initial install to get everything tested, will drive this way over the summer.
2) Hookup XM radio antenna, additional aux input and Vehicle Speed Sensor connections. Does anyone have a hacked up Z harness they can send some yellow wire with green stripe for me to use?
3) Figure out the LED backlighting style and send the unit to Ric (Halo) to have it swapped from amber lighting to white.
4) Enjoy!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.