TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Are these for real?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Are these for real?

Posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on December 06, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 246 times.

In Reply To Are these for real? posted by esimplx on December 06, 2012 at 01:11 AM

Message The USA downpipes are works of art.....
The USA parts have CNC machined flanges, CNC machined dividers, fit up of pipes before welding, as well as fitment in the car are amazing, they offer the least turbulence and the best possible flow.

Because prior parts were copied for less in countries that have very low labor cost, I felt I should try to have my own parts made overseas to be able to offer a lower cost to consumers.
My experience with this has been difficult at best because my highest concern is quality. I have made a few different batches at different overseas places, all have had issues I have had to deal with, many were not able to used at all. Every overseas pipe has required us to fix or finish them as they can not (or at least should not) be sold the way I receive them.
The overseas parts have flame cut flanges that have been ground to final shape with cast separators. the fitment of the pipes before welding is reasonable, but not perfect, welds are strong, but not as pretty.
The fitment in the car on the ones we send out is good and they are tested, I do have to scrap some.

We have only made the 5 bolt versions overseas, I have not made any 4 bolt other than in the states because I was never happy with the 5 bolt runs.
We do not personally advertise the 5 bolt overseas version, but we do have some from the last batch for people that ask for a lower cost option. IPP does advertize our overseas version.
When this run of 5 bolts I have is gone, I do not plan to make more overseas, the work we need to put into the overseas product before it can be sold, and the number we can not use causes the overseas product to be a loss for us at the price point we sell it for.
I would rather sell less units, selling a product I am proud of.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.