TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Are Stock TTs really worth that much?
People Seeking Info

Subject Are Stock TTs really worth that much?

Posted by BlackholeZ on December 05, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  This message has been viewed 382 times.

Message So I've been working on bringing back to life a White '90 TT with 83K that has been sitting for 10 years. It is owned by the shop that I work for, and the plan is to bring it back to life, keep it in its original, unmolested, stock form and resell it. We've been looking around at ebay, KBB, and auto trader to see what clean, low mileage, stock TTs go for and I was shocked to see them going for 9-12K! Are people really paying that much?

This has really been a pleasure working on this Z. It is in SUCH nice condition. The leather seats are going to need a bottle of lexol each and the paint needs a buffing, but it is so clean. Everything comes apart easily, no stripped/rusted/broken bolts. Hell even the timing belt crank gear slid right off. The only thing that really aged is the cargo cover, which shrank and the vinyl on the roll housing has all come off. I'm doing the full 120K service, and we will be replacing all the filters, tension rod bushings, draining the full tank that the guy parked it with, and of course giving it a full detail. I've been taking some pictures along the way, and will post them later (don't have them with me)

-Dan
BlackholeZ VTC Solenoid Caps
Installation Procedure

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" - ChristopherTheOne
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines
"You're the Skrillex of Z32s." BradX (UF)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.