TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Royalty Performance new rear brake brackets.
People Seeking Info

Subject Royalty Performance new rear brake brackets.

Posted by 1BADTTZ (SoCal) on June 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  This message has been viewed 4157 times.

Message I do not usually do product reviews but I was asked by Royalty Performance to test their new rear relocation brake brackets. These brackets allow me to use my existing rear calipers with a larger 13” rotor vs. the stock 11.7”. It is low cost alternative over buying rear BBK. This upgrade fits my track beater budget. :)

I installed the rear brackets about a week ago and I notice the improvement right away. I currently have front 14" Rotora BBK on my slicktop and I did not like the brake bias on the Z with the stock size rear rotor. The car just felt like I had to much braking up front. The cars braking now feel more balanced with the larger rear rotors. I also like how the larger rotor fills in the rear wheels. No more tiny azz rear rotors!
So far I am very happy with the upgrade and plan to test them out soon on the track.

They told me they are also working on several other items for the 300zx. Somethings they mentioned are a New TT fan shroud (they removed the ugly "fins" on top and have an option for a CF or Aluminum panel to be placed on top and it will cost less than OEM), lower control arms, various options of brake brackets, and 2-piece rotors and all their products will be made in the States.

Before and after photo.

My slicktop/ track beater. :)

1991 300ZX Twin Turbo (750HP)
1993 300ZX NA (Slicktop)
1994 Supra Twin Turbo 6 Spd (Sold)
1993.5 Supra Twin Turbo (Sold)
1990 300ZX Twin Turbo (Sold)
1991 S13 (Sold)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.