TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Sealed vtc solenoids
People Seeking Info

Subject Sealed vtc solenoids

Posted by platupus on May 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 2496 times.

Notice on the left the tar nissan fills it with is starting to come out and the 2 in the middle were the ones on my car leaking (spraying basically cause of blown HG putting water in the heads and causing pressure thats my guess). I found oil on the firewall right where the solenoids sit.

Now z1 motorsports says this, "There is a Tar based filler used by Nissan in the back of the VTC solenoids. Over time, this tar will essentially melt, and will run out onto the rear of the cylinder head. This event does not mean that the VTC solenoid is bad and will not affect its operation."
La-Z-Link

They say it won't affect operation but thats bull. Think they are just trying to make a buck. If it is leaking oil then it is not properly operating! I really can't stand when ppl out right lie just to make a buck! Kinda like a used car salesmen, lawyer.... but eh what can ya do.
Notice the 2 on the right are sealed..... Thinking of replicating this and sealing the used ones if there are enough ppl who want this mod done. I suggest you get a little mirror on a stick check out your vtc's bc they will eventually leak oil!

I put a tube on the front and blew through it and could feel air coming out the back..... Or use a ballon....

Yes, that is a parts car the solenoids are sitting on.

Yum... Dinner tonight.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.