TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Maybe I wasn't very clear.
People Seeking Info

Subject Maybe I wasn't very clear.

Posted by spdrmn15 on April 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 1181 times.

In Reply To My biggest concern is the coating within the intercoolers posted by Ash's Z on April 20, 2011 at 08:47 PM

Message My friends aren't using a traditional pcv setup. They have a vacuum pump that constantly sucks air out of the crankcase. None of the gases go back into the intake at all, they just get vented to the atmosphere from the vacuum pump. It'd be like driving around with the accordion pipes capped off, and a vacuum cleaner hooked up to the intake valve openings. None of them could for sure tell me how or why they made more power, but they did assume that having the vacuum would make the piston rings seal better.

I'm not trying to discredit anything you've said, I've even had the same setup of no pcv on my car for two years, and over 10k miles with no issues. I'm just trying to add to the discussion some information that I have heard about.

La-Z-Link
That's a link to the type of pump I'm talking about. That one is run off the crank pulley though, but I have seen ones that will run on 12v.

"Face it, you just can't beat stupid."
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
"My favorite glue is Hopes and Dreams. "
"My Z runs on gas and money."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.