TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I honestly haven't looked into oil analysis before but it
People Seeking Info

Subject I honestly haven't looked into oil analysis before but it

Posted by Ash's Z on April 20, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 1124 times.

In Reply To Except oil analysis is much easier than long-term harmonics posted by SeedyROM on April 20, 2011 at 06:47 PM

Message opens a lot of questions.

When they analyze the oil, do they produce a qualitative report stating that, say, on a scale of 1 to 10, that your oil sample was at some particular value of quality? I know they break it down to non-oil components, likely in PPM or some other metric, but is there also a quantitative means to derive specific long term effects it will have on an engine's lifespan?

I am more inclined to say that even if one were to produce two samples from a with and without PCV situation, the information you would receive would not possess the be-all, end-all qualification we seek. It would still be a slippery slope, no pun intended.

I would certainly agree that the oil from a non-PCV equipped VG would have more contaminants in it, that is certainly a given. The question really is whether or not the quantity of these contaminants are at levels within a typical oil change period where there is a cut and dry answer to whether or not it is something of realistic consideration. While all at the same time keep in mind there are a number of other individuals who also have deleted the PCV system many miles ago and aren't having issues.

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the
tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.