TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I've talked about doing a pcv delete with friends
People Seeking Info

Subject I've talked about doing a pcv delete with friends

Posted by spdrmn15 on April 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM
  This message has been viewed 949 times.

In Reply To PCV System, Explained, Deleted >>> posted by Ash's Z on April 19, 2011 at 04:21 PM

Message before, trying to weigh the ups and downs of it. They are all heavily into drag racing big v-8's. I know that their engines may be slightly different from ours, but I have been told by almost all of them that they have actually seen power gains from having a pcv system. The highest gain I was told was around 50whp, granted he was running around 1500whp, but a gain is a gain, and should translate down to any power level. None of them use the intake to suck the gases out of the crankcase though. They either have a belt driven(off the crank), or an electric vacuum pump that will put a constant vacuum on the crankcase at all times. I've though about doing this, but the pumps are kind of expensive. The pumps generally only pull a couple inch pounds of pressure, and you can find them at jegs, or summit. I still haven't decided if I'll spend the money and go this route or not, but I think it might be worth it, for anyone trying to make alot of power.

"Face it, you just can't beat stupid."
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
"My favorite glue is Hopes and Dreams. "
"My Z runs on gas and money."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.