TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A few things I have been working on.
People Seeking Info

Subject A few things I have been working on.

Posted by induetime on November 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM
  This message has been viewed 2589 times.

Message I’ve had a couple friends that I have made some custom parts for over the last year ask me to share some of the projects. I usually don’t show pictures of my custom work, but I always appreciated it when others show their new and creative workings. Let me know what you think.

Here are some pictures of my current work station. It’s the single detached garage in my buddy’s home where I live in Arizona. Both his BMW and my 300zxTT park in the attached 2 car garage. When we are both home that is. The single garage barley fits a car inside with all of my shelving holding Z parts, tubing, etc.

There is so much bending that goes on with the traditional “duel pop” filter setup locations. In addition to the inherit conflicts of direct air flow to the filter/MAF element. Not to mention blocking the air to the oil cooler, AC condenser & the radiator.

Here are some accordion replacement pipes. They are designed to work with the stock turbo inlet pipes & HICAS intact. These are what is on my “Stock Turbo HP Record Z”

This is a set I was packaging up to ship out to a friend R.F. to go with his stock turbo inlets. I’m working on making him a set of 2.5” Turbo Inlets right now.

On J.K.’s Straman with T0M’s IC Piping Kit & Ash’s Massive SMICs

On M.S.’s TT along with a full 2.5” Intercooler Piping Kit (Turbos to Throttle Bodies) & Ash Massive SMICs. I spent about 100 hours porting and polishing these pipes to look as good as they perform. It’s only the 2nd Complete Kit I ever made other than what is on my Z.

I never intended to make an IC piping kit originally out of respect for the companies/people that already had IC Piping kits on the market. One night while looking at how the Z engine bay was laid out I came up with a different piping route that I thought would be more efficient. After a good deal of effort, my piping route would just not fit like I intended. So I scrapped that idea and followed the original piping path, while minimizing all the bends/silicone connections & increasing the bend radius. Nothing special, just simple and direct. I had purchased my ASH Massive SMIC on the original group buy & I was waiting to purchase his mass produced aluminum kit. I made the set on my Z about a year ago next month, before Ash released his current design to the mass market otherwise I probably would have just purchased his kit.

Well I hope you all enjoy these pictures. I know I always do when people open up their world to all of us.

I'm currently working on a variety of custom goodies. My work schedule keeps me traveling 3-4 weeks out of the month so it can be very difficult to make any progress on the wild ideas that I have in my head. As my screen name says: all "in due time"

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.