TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hi Kendrick!
People Seeking Info

Subject Hi Kendrick!

Posted by Ash's Z on November 10, 2010 at 1:35 AM
  This message has been viewed 507 times.

In Reply To Comp Turbo's, VK56 Rolls and HKS GTR posted by toykoz32 on November 09, 2010 at 09:48 PM

Message Sweet pics! :) That compressor map is exciting - seeing a wheel capable of a ~3.5:1 PR and almost 60lbs/min translates to BIG power. Even though, consider what Don (aliaz) is talking about. I'm not sure what expenses come along with the map you have - I would be cautious about someone trying to sell you some variant.

As for the manifolds, what material do they use? There aren't many suppliers for 321 stainless tubing and all of what I've seen has a satin finish. In your pics the material appears to have a polished finish - prior to the welding, of course. If you have them make manifolds for you, be sure to use 321 stainless tube, at least 0.085" wall thickness. Also be sure to check that they are using the correct filler rod for the welds. It would also be advised to do a post-weld stress relief heat treatment. I built my current manifolds this way and have 46K miles on them with no cracks, beating the mess out of the car daily. :)

Give me a shout tomorrow -

Enthusiasts soon understand each other. --W. Irving.
Are you an enthusiast?

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the
tailor.
Albert Einstein

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.