TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - opinions on yellow needed.
People Seeking Info

Subject opinions on yellow needed.

Posted by Jiro on October 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM
  This message has been viewed 3026 times.

Message just to recap:
-dent on hood (aluminum)...btw no autobody shop doesnt want to deal with aluminum... gonna try a boat shop!
-rust on rear quarter panels on the typical spots.
-bumper needs to be fixed
-clear coat is coming off and some areas and paint is chipping off in some areas
-paint is fading some panels have different tone of yellow on them and its not consistent ie rear quarter panel vs hatch.

color code for my car is EH7 and this is the PGY.

Now im just considering a paint job. One guy has told me not to go with a pearl color anymore because it is easily oxidated plus the tri-tone paint is more expensive. This guy opened my door and saw the original color in the side of the door and said he can get the color back to that color. The thing is the color in the inside is pretty much the base coat i think and theres no pearl in it. Correct me if im wrong. And he quoted me a really good price for it.

Now im looking at other yellows...

Have you seen the new Lamborghini's? I was at a lambo store and saw one with the yellow... Lamborghini yellow is super bright and has a very very high metal flake content for sure. I wonder if the 300zx would look good in that? How about ferrari yellow?

Here is what i believe what our 300zx pearl glow yellow is suppose to look like:
you can really see the pearl characteristic there from the metallic sheen on the side view mirror. Probably looks so awesome in person. I wanted to get this color at first.

Then in 1999-2000 the color for 300zx yellow changed to the code: DN1

I dont see much pearl in this color. That yellow looks cool in the brochure but it just looks so washed out and lemon-y look to it. I am not a fan.

Then you have the 350z yellow: E33 "ultra yellow" which is also a yellow pearl.

Looks pretty cool actually and similar to EH7 so i could get it i wonder if its a tritone as well.

And then you have the 370z
Premium Ultimate Yellow: "EAC"

To me this looks like its almost orange! I dont want an orange car.

Out of 1 through 4 which is the best in your eyes and why?

Actually faded pearl glow yellow is actually kind of cool and has a lot of character to it. If you wanted to paint match or do any kind of touch up its pretty much impossible so maintenance is pretty stressful for me to see that I can't really do much to restore it. sob :(.

If you look up 300zx pearl glow yellow they tend to look like these:

Actual photo of mine from last year

Yellow is a very interesting color. Many people hate it and love it. Most of the time you cannot really appreciate the color seen in pictures you really have to see it in person.I am considering a solid yellow since since it would be easier to maintain but i find the most beautiful yellows have a decent amount of metal tri-tone to it. So I am a bit conflicted at the moment.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.