TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Ferrari Club Toys for Tots Run 2009 (big pics)
People Seeking Info

Subject Ferrari Club Toys for Tots Run 2009 (big pics)

Posted by Greg (Dallas) on December 08, 2009 at 10:33 AM
  This message has been viewed 795 times.

Message Last Saturday, the Ferrari club did their annual Toys for Tots run. This time, the toys were to benefit children of the members of the 149th Battalion.

The run started in south Fort Worth, ran about 78 miles and ended up at the Army base in Grand Prairie where we had an impromptu car show and the battalion had a couple of Chinooks parked for us to poke around in.

It was a great time and a lot of amazing cars showed up. My dad actually came up and played navigator in my car which was a lot of fun. First time he's participated in one of the car events. In fact, I think this was only the second time he's ever been in the Z. He was hanging onto the door handle for most of the ride :D.

The downside for me is that only 3 months after having the car running again (fuel rail/injector swap) I've developed a pretty serious rod knock. Looks like IPP is the next black ops project for me.

Here are various images in no particular order.

Only way I could compete with these cars was to raise the hood!

All of the toys that were donated in a big pile by the choppers.

Don, who organized the whole thing, gets a gift from the battalion in appreciation of the efforts. He owns the yellow 512 in the pics below.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.