TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: That's just nasty. Is there anyway of checking for proper
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: That's just nasty. Is there anyway of checking for proper

Posted by Dallas DamonZ on November 05, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  This message has been viewed 505 times.

In Reply To That's just nasty. Is there anyway of checking for proper posted by Wright (Ca) on November 05, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Message I dunno about proper flow (enough), but when I drop an engine in I check this. Before first startup I leave the couplers from the drain to the pan pulled up where the turbo will leak out. Get the car started, check for oil pressure and then see if there's oil pouring out of the drains. It's messy, but when I started this I was pulling the engine just to do turbos. Made sense to make sure my investment wasn't going to get smoked right off the bat.

Then again, shit happens. This thing could have been up in the filter tree where you can't see it and just flowed through after getting dislodged a hundred miles later. I'm just glad she found an answer since I just put the same turbos in my racecar. Here in TX, I'd find junebug or fire ant bits crammed in there instead.

Later

Click here to e-mail me!Click here for Twin Turbo Zs of Dallas!

How old is your car in human years?

When was the last time you *really* did something with your Z to call yourself a Z enthusiast?

Member #1 PETZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.