TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Don't know if your still watching this thread. But...
People Seeking Info

Subject Don't know if your still watching this thread. But...

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on July 28, 2008 at 10:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 747 times.

In Reply To Couldn't reply to the original message, so I'm asking here posted by BigTDogg (MA) on July 28, 2008 at 03:05 PM

Message yes I know signal and power shouldn't be run together. There is a couple of areas where it does. One place is that red cable in the center of this picture. The signal and power for the rear right amp are together for about 30" or so at that point. The other place is where the wires run through the holes to the rear amps which are down next to the shock towers. All the cables to the two rear amps are bunched together going through those holes at those points.

You can see in that picture where I have the red power cable to the center amp off by itself. I didn't have any problems before when all the wires where pretty much running together. Now things are seperated much better and there are no signal and power cables running together from the rear to the front of the car. All the signal wires are on the passenger side and the positive power cable is on the driver side. It runs to the battery along the driver side, throught the firewall and along the firewall to the battery.

The three positive power cables to the amps in back are all large gauge red wires like the one you see in the picture going to the center amp. They all go to a power block right in front of the rear driver side shock tower. From that power block is an even larger positive cable which runs to the battery as I described.

Here is a picture of the power block. Although it doesn't look like it in this picture, the main cable running to the battery is about the same diameter as all three of those output wires combined. Its very large.

(Total Mouse Over Hits: a Lot)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.