TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1990 Pearl Gold Twin Turbo $7,000 - Boise, Idaho
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1990 Pearl Gold Twin Turbo $7,000 - Boise, Idaho

Posted by Bucky Z on April 06, 2020 at 12:52 AM
  This message has been viewed 1164 times.

Screen Name:Bucky Z
Phone:xxx-xxx-xxxx
E-mail:cronenworth at gee mail dot com
Research Bucky Z's post history

Message I am selling my pearl gold '90 2+0 that I have owned for 21+ years. Located in the Boise, Idaho, area. I got this thing in Dallas in November 1998 and was very active on this forum and the local Dallas group for many years. I did a TT swap in 2003-2004 using an engine that came from a wrecked '95TT. The engine only had about 25k miles on it at the time, and I estimate it now has somewhere between 30k-35k miles. I have no way to prove the mileage on the engine of course, but I took pics during a 120k timing belt service I just finished. I think it helps to show the very clean condition of the engine. The engine has never been opened beyond the valve covers. Here are the basics:

1990 2+0 NA to TT conversion
Pearl Gold (EJ0)
gray tweed seats/trim
'95TT engine
stock turbos and intercoolers
stock TT fuel pump (and proper TT fuel pump computer)
615cc yellow top Nismo injectors
Mishimoto radiator
Specialty Z split downpipes
Tokico shocks, Eibach springs, and other misc suspension goodies
2.5 inch high flow cats and cat-back exhaust (Greddy SP)
One piece aluminum driveshaft
120k timing service just done - included water pump, thermostat, idler pulleys, crank seal, cam seals, valve cover gaskets, fuel hoses, coolant hoses, vacuum hoses, spark plugs, and other small misc engine items
Fresh black powdercoating on the plenum and balance tube
No leaks. No problems. No electrical issues.

Bad:
Current 5 speed transmission is junk. I got it used when I did the TT swap, and the owner lied about the condition. It has rust and the drain plug is completely rusted shut. This means the transmission fluid is who knows how old. Grinds going into 4th gear pretty bad, too. I do have a replacement transmission that I found a few months ago. It is untested, but surely it's better than what is on the car now.

The clutch is also junk. The car was stored at my parent's house for a couple of years, and they somehow fried a Southbend clutch. They felt bad, and so let some idiot in their town put a new clutch in, but he installed a clutch for an NA from O'Reillys. Not kidding.

The fascia is from an NA as well. I cut holes in it for the intercoolers. While my parents had the car, they also cracked the Stillen fascia. Same thing... They felt bad, took it to some idiot in their town, and he installed an NA front fascia.

Based on these issues that need attending to fairly quickly, I think $7,000 is a fair price. Email me if you are interested, and I can send you more pictures and answer questions.

photo unnamed 4_zpseqwrtyhr.jpg

photo unnamed 3_zpsr2ciwfzw.jpg

photo unnamed 5_zps5gjo0fdl.jpg
 photo unnamed 2_zpscs2jesjg.jpg

photo unnamed 1_zpstsmqw9hd.jpg

photo unnamed 6_zpswo5gkhik.jpg

Follow Ups
  • 1990 Pearl Gold Twin Turbo $7,000 - Boise, Idaho - Bucky Z 00:52:41 04/06/20