People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Molnar VG30 Rods have landed $619

Posted by NIVO88T on August 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 803 times.

Screen Name:NIVO88T
Phone:804-779-0888
E-mail:nivo22@yahoo.com
Research NIVO88T's post history

Message Molnar Rods available now....FYI to all VG guys/Gals.
Ask your favorite Z32 vendors to carry it.

Last year (2018) I asked Tom Molnar to make the VG community a rod that can take abuse yet be inexpensive enough to have a wider customer base. No questions asked or hesitation on his part he told me to send him a OEM set with pistons. He asked about the goals for the rods, made his design and was put into production. No group buys or money out front.

Those who don't know, Tom Molnar has been designing rods and cranks for a long time (over 38 years).

His rods are a modified H-Beam design for better loads and forces capability. Narrower cross section and thicker center. Thicker edges.

Compared to a Carrillo(original H beam design back in 1960), eagle(copied Fred's design) or scat his rods look thinner at the widest part but are thicker on center right under the pin. Tom Molnar was the man behind Oliver rods and then K1 (owned by wiseco now). He started Molnar Technologies to make a high quality product but with a price racers can afford.

The machining of his rods is top notch. They include Molnar designed 3/8" ARP 2000 rod bolts with Asymmetrical threads. They weigh about 592 grams.

The ones offered for the VG30 are his PWR ADRâ„¢ rods not his standard rod (eagle equivalent but a step above). These have been in 1000-1500 hp cars using the included custom asymmetrical thread ARP 2000 bolts. If the VG needed more the PWR ADR + can be made as those have been in 1500+ hp cars.

Having used his rods in other applications I am confident to say they are 2 steps above eagles and less machining. Your machine shop would agree. I wouldn't be surprised once more of these get out there they will probably replace eagles as the go to rod and save money on the machine work you have to do on eagles to fit them.

The best part about his stuff is that you can actually talk to Tom, President and designer of Molnar Technologies.
sales@molnartechnologies.com

He answers even on weekends.

P.S. He can also make us a billet crankshaft if demand for the rods goes up.

Campbell Enterprises VG30DE rod page $619, they are a top dealer for Molnar stuff even for your 2JZ-LS swaps

Follow Ups
  • Molnar VG30 Rods have landed $619 - NIVO88T 12:16:30 08/21/19