TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Brembo GT1/F40 Big Brake Kit; HT-10 Track pads; H&R spacers
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Brembo GT1/F40 Big Brake Kit; HT-10 Track pads; H&R spacers

Posted by Bryan (NoVA) on October 05, 2015 at 3:03 PM
  This message has been viewed 892 times.

Screen Name:Bryan (NoVA)
Phone:703-823-5321
E-mail:brainholster@yahoo.com
Research Bryan (NoVA)'s post history

Message I purchased this kit used for $1,100 from a fellow TT.net member in February, 2014. He had purchased them new around 18K miles prior. I had them installed by Bernie(NoVA) in September 2014 and have probably put less than 200 miles of typical street driving on them since (no track time).

Rotors:
The brakes operate fine under regular conditions but during high speed or continued braking, they develop a “wobble”. This could be due to racing pad deposits on the rotor surfaces left over from the previous owner. As such, I recommend turning or replacing the rotor discs (the lightweight AeroHats are in good condition). I have decided to go with a different brake setup and am pricing this kit low to be fair to the next buyer.

Calipers:
The seals do not leak and both calipers work as they should. They weren't repainted but they have been touched up by the previous owner in areas with light nicks and chips.

Pads:
I replaced the pads that came with this kit with new Hawk HPS Performance pads ($185). Since then, I’ve put less than 200 miles of typical street driving on them (no track time).

Brake Lines:
Since the kit did not come with brake lines, I purchased a set of new Brembo stainless steel lines with banjo fittings from Stillen ($105). They are required for this kit as standard lines will not fit.

* $800 for the full BBK, plus shipping. If using Paypal, please add 3% for fees.*

photo 1.jpg
 photo 2.jpg
 photo 3.jpg
 photo 4.jpg
 photo 5.jpg
 photo 6.jpg
 photo 7.jpg
 photo 8.jpg
 photo 9.jpg

Extras:
For sale separately are:

Front and rear Hawk HT-10 race pads
Brand new in their original packaging, these pads fit the front Brembo GT kit and the stock rears. They set me back $395 through Zeckhausen Racing.

Front (D810/D968) New in box - $180
Rear (D461) New in box - $150

“Hawk Performance’s HT-10 Brake Pads offer intermediate to high torque with a smooth initial bite. They provide a very consistent pedal feel and excellent modulation and release characteristics.”
Applications - Road Racing for Higher Increased Torque than Blue 9012; Track Day Performance

photo Pads.jpg

(1) pair of H&R TRAK+ DRM hubcentric 15mm wheel spacers
5x114.3 66.1mm 12x1.25 application – $80

photo Spacers.jpg

Follow Ups
  • Brembo GT1/F40 Big Brake Kit; HT-10 Track pads; H&R spacers - Bryan (NoVA) 15:03:58 10/05/15