TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Complete USDM VG30DETT 5spd. Swap
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: Complete USDM VG30DETT 5spd. Swap

Posted by z32na2tt on October 02, 2010 at 5:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 2368 times.

Screen Name:z32na2tt
Phone:4074895590
E-mail:jgunn007@gmail.com
Research z32na2tt's post history

Message I’m selling my 1993 USDM VG30DETT swap. I put up wanted ads trying to find a rolling chassis to put it in but no hits and everything in Orlando that’s reasonably priced has been someone’s drift project with no interior, no passenger seat, no center console, you know your typical craigslist item. Anyway I know what it’s like to shop for this motor I’ve been there, between the JDM b.s. that every local shop tries to sell you and the people who only want to sell you the short block lol. This ad will be a lengthy one but it’s to your benefit. So with that said here's what I have...

Car Description: I had a 1990 NA 300zx 2+0 5spd. that I swapped a USDM VG30DETT motor into towards the end of July this year. With the setup i had it was pushing close to 400hp. I ran 14.5 psi with stock interals daily and never had a problem. Here are a few pics before and after the swap...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The car ran strong and pulled hard until I crashed it into a curb and a park bench in the rain about 3 weeks ago. Let’s just say 18" wheels with -camber in the rain doesn’t mix. It was one of those times I wish I had the gay looking 300zx steering wheel with the air bag instead of the cool looking 3 spoke wheel that came in the early models lol. The wheels took most of the damage (completely ripped one of my adr's wheels in half) but the dr.side front fender and intercooler where damaged by the park bench. I guess it wasn’t my time to go so I came out without a scratch. Here are some pics...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I put my blood and sweat into this car and now it’s nothing more than a piece of scrap metal. I just got it back from my insurance company earlier this week so everything is still in one piece. I want to sell it all as a whole(make me an offer)but the parts will still be up for sale. I will try my best to fully describe everything I can think you would want to know so bare with me. If you have any questions call me, txt me, email whatever doesn’t matter I have a blackberry so it all comes to my phone. Now for the good stuff...

ITEMS FOR SALE! (I will list the item and then give a brief description) All maintenance was done before I swapped the motor in.

_motor runs strong throughout the powerband.never leaked oil or any fluids or gave me any kind of problems. No jdm ticking time bomb mess with this motor.
>UPGRADES
*95k miles on motor
*Stock internals
*Custom 7.5 pound FORGED STEEl flywheel
*Unorthodox racing crank pulley (black)
*NGK spark pugs
*new timing belt
*new water pump
*Royal purple motor oil
*new ac & power steering belt
*tt ac compressor w/TT AC lines
*na power steering pump
*rebuilt turbos>>no shaft play spools beautifully!
*turbo compressor outlet gaskets/manifold to turbo inlet metal gaskets/turbo compressor inlet gaskets/turbo oil return line gaskets/and turbo outlet to downpipe gaskets (all ordered from Z1 I have the receipts for it)
*Full EGR delete kit from Z1 installed

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

*USDM NA 5spd. Tranny/comes with Z1 shim plate and starter already installed
*AMS Short Shifter
*Clutchmasters stage 4 clutch
*New EFI wiring harness from Z1
*JWT ECU
*RFL BOV's
*JWT POP Charger
*TT radiator/with shroud
*TT Fuel Pump
*Z1 short oil cooler lines
*stock oil cooler hardlines (super hard to find)
*stock oil cooler
*brand new clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder installed by local shop( I sat in traffic for hours when that went out so I got that fixed asap I was pissed lol)

Photobucket

*Z1 2.5" 4 bolt Split flange downpipes (HEAT WRAPPED)
*2.5" Stillen mids
*HKS H-pipe with resonators (*BRAND NEW from Z1)
*HKS Hiper cat back exhaust (*BRAND NEW from Z1)

Photobucket

*tomei duracon shift knob
*brushed aluminum gauge bezel
*glowshift gauges-oil press./temp/boost
*autometer a-pillar tripod
*custom two toned leather-grey and black (the black is stock leather but is in good condition)
*power driver seat
*all trim pieces are in good condition
*dash is *MENT*

*Real JDM Taillights
*Greddy Gracer Urethane Replica Front Fascia*SOLD*
*Nismo clear turn signals*SOLD*
*all body pieces are for sale

Photobucket

Photobucket

*TT front brake calipers
*Stainless steel brake lines
*hawk brake pads front and back about 70% left

Photobucket

I think that’s just about it.i made at least 20 trips back and forth to the garage to make sure. There is definatley more than $7,000 worth of parts in this car alone but like I said it would be a whole lot easier on me if I could sell this beast as a whole so make me and offer i work with you.But I will repost this ad and part it out if no offers are made so feel free to contact me if you want any of these items. Thanks Jon

Follow Ups
  • Complete USDM VG30DETT 5spd. Swap - z32na2tt 17:12:22 10/02/10