TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 1995 TT, 61k mi, 5-spd, Super Black w/black leather
People Seeking Info

Subject SELLING: 1995 TT, 61k mi, 5-spd, Super Black w/black leather

Posted by Mark95TT(ATL) on November 10, 2006 at 12:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 2808 times.

Screen Name:Mark95TT(ATL)
Phone:(404)245-xxxx
E-mail:mark_filer@yahoo.com
Research Mark95TT(ATL)'s post history

Message For Sale: 1995 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Mileage: 61,XXX
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Exterior: super black
Interior: black leather
VIN: JN1CZ24DXSX570273
Price (reduced): $21,500 as-is, $18,500 if returned to stock and sold.
Condition: mint, no known issues

Pics:

History/Condition:

I purchased the car back in September 2001 with 42,000 original miles on it from it’s 2nd owner in Greensboro, NC. The car had been a weekend car for both of the previous owners and was always garaged as far as I was told. The condition of the trim, paint, and dash seemed consistent with that. I’ve had the car for over 5 years now and have put roughly 20,000 miles on it (less than 4k/yr). It was never my primary vehicle and was always garaged, except for a brief period of about 4 months when it was parked under a car-port with a cover on it. Modifications were performed between 45k-50k mi. All maintenance and modifications were performed by me (with the help of all the info on TT.net), with the exception of the brake line, Redline fluid, and driveshaft installs, which were performed by Z1.

The ECU is stock and always has been, and the boost has never been changed from the factory setting. The only reason I have an aftermarket boost gauge is because I read that the stock gauge is fairly inaccurate, and I thought that one day, I might upgrade the ECU (but I never did). Plus at the time, I thought it looked “cool.”

The car hasn’t been tracked or autocrossed. I took it out to the drag strip one time and promptly decided that drag racing wasn’t for me or for the Z. I had intentions of taking it for a lapping day with the Georgia Z club, but it never panned out and I ended up taking my 240sx.

Everyone selling a high performance car says this, and I’m sure it’s rarely true, but in the case of this car, it has been maintained meticulously and has had an easy life. I probably go into the positive boost range no more that 2-3 times every time I drive it.

The paint is all-original as far as I know, with the exception of an incident it was involved in on my parking lot at work one day in 2003, which I made a post about. The result was that the front driver fender and door skin had to be replaced. All work was performed by Regal Nissan in Roswell, GA. All OEM replacement parts were used, and OEM paint matches extremely well. Only those two panels were replaced and painted. I have all the paperwork to verify this.

The 60k maintenance was performed by me in Oct 2006. All items listed on Coz’s 60k package were replaced, with the exception of the VTC O-rings because I had the wrong part. Parts replaced:

Timing Belt
Timing Belt Tensioner
Water Pump
Water Pump Gasket
Thermostat
Coolant Bypass Hoses x2
Variable Timing Control Springs x2
Camshaft Seals x4
Crankshaft Seal x1
Crankshaft Sprocket Spacer
Drive Belts x3

Most of the old-school Z1 guys (Russell, John, Bob, et al) can vouch for the condition of the car, as can local TT.net members NSANY(ATL), CaptK(ATL), GeoA(Atl)91tt and tsbrownz.

Modifications:

JWT POP-Charger
B&B Triflo 2.5" exhaust dual 4.5" oval tips
Z1 1-piece chromoly driveshaft

Stillen sway bars (F/R)
Kazama adjustable tension rods
Midori adjustable front upper links (the real deal, bought from SPL)
Nismo adjustable rear control arms
Eibach pro-kit springs

Hawk HPS brake pads
Technafit SS brake lines
ATE Super Blue racing fluid
300 Degree master cylinder brace

J-spec clear turn signals
J-spec taillights
Yokohama AVS VS-5 wheels (R 18x9.5 offset 40, F 17x9 offset 38)
Yokohama AVS ES100 tires (275/35-18R, 255/40-17F)

Apexi EL2 60mm elec boost gauge
Apexi EL2 gauge control unit w/memory

Redline MT-90 tranny fluid
Redline 75W-90 diff fluid
Mobil 1 10W-30 full synthetic motor oil

Why I’m Selling:

Basically, because priorities change. Since I purchased the car, I’ve gotten married, acquired a mortgage, and now have a little one on the way. When I purchased the Z, I had aspirations of making it my weekend/track car. In 2002, I bought a 240sx as my daily driver after I sold my old DD, a 1990 NA 300ZX, to my brother. As you might guess, as parts wore on the 240sx, I replaced them with upgraded parts, and pretty soon, I had two “race” cars – the Z and the 240. I definitely wanted to start going to the track, and as I thought about it, it just made sense to take the 240: cheaper/easier to work on, lighter, more forgiving, abundant parts… plus if I hit a tire barrier or wall in the Z, I’d cry for days. But in the 240…eh, who cares. So the Z ended up being purely a weekend/pleasure car, and got driven pretty much once a month to Ga Z club meetings. The amount of money invested in the Z relative to the use and enjoyment I get out of it these days can’t really be justified, and as much as it saddens me to let go of it, selling it makes the most sense at this point in my life.

Pricing:

I was asking $22,000 as the car sits today, slightly modified, but have now lowered it to $21,500. I considered returning it to stock before selling (I still have all the parts, except the stock driveshaft, which had bad U-joints), because obviously buying a stock, unmodified car is a desirable thing, and most modifications are a matter of taste. But this car is so mildly modified, and the parts are all quality aftermarket and JDM OEM Nissan parts – I feel like this is the way the car should have come from Nissan. However, I can easily return the car to stock and sell it that way for a reduced price of $18,500.

I feel like these are more than fair prices based on comparable vehicles that are for sale or have sold on Autotrader in recent months, and based on input from Z club members and Z1 employees. I’m not in a hurry to sell since this is a 2nd car for me, so I’m willing to wait for the right buyer.

Additional info:

Please, serious inquiries only. I don’t care to field emails with low-ball offers or people looking for joy rides. I’d like the car to go to an enthusiast, ideally someone that’s somewhat mature and can appreciate a car as mint as this one is, not someone looking to slap wicked-huge turbos and 20s on it and go out and make 1000 rwhp.

I’m located in the Atlanta area (NE suburbs). I will be corresponding via email at mark_filer@yahoo.com. Please let me know if you have any more questions about the car and I’ll do my best to answer them.

I know that this is a ridiculously long post, and if you’ve made it this far, then (1) I congratulate you, and (2) you’re probably serious about the car and have found the info useful. Thanks for your time.

BTW, these are posts I made in the past containing pics of the car from a couple years back. However, the web account that hosts the pictures expired last month. I reposted some of the pics on StreetNeeds.com (shown below):
post 1
post 2

Follow Ups
  • 1995 TT, 61k mi, 5-spd, Super Black w/black leather - Mark95TT(ATL) 12:59:34 11/10/06